As a homeowner, there are some things that you just have to know will need repairing along the way. Your HVAC system might need to be replaced, the roof will wear out, and you will probably need to replace the windows at some point. More than likely, you will have plumbing issues that come along as well. However, if you are dealing with plumbing issue after plumbing issue, it might be more than a simple plumbing problems. D’Amorie Construction is here to talk about some signs that might point to a need for repiping your home.
Do I Really Need to Repipe My House?
When it comes to repiping a home, it is a process which includes removing the old cold and hot water pipes throughout the house and replacing them with new. This is a large scale project that more commonly needs to be done in older houses. It can be difficult to decide whether or not is a repiping that you need. Following are some of the signs that might be present when your pipes need to be taken out and replaced:
– Water Leaks: If your home’s pipes are more than 50 years old and you’re dealing with one water leak after another, it could be caused by pipes that have worn out throughout the house. If you don’t take care of this issue, it can cause widespread water damage in the house that is even more expensive to repair.
– Frequent Clogs: It is normal to have a drain clog every now and then. However, if you are experiencing a high number of drain clogs in your house, it could be indicative of a larger problem. If you live in an older house and have always be careful about what you put down your drains, you very well could be dealing with old pipes that need to be replaced.
– Water Discoloration: You shouldn’t see red, yellow or brown water coming out of the sinks in your house. You should never assume that this is normal. It is important to find out what is causing this discoloration.
– Visible Corrosion: Some of the pipes that are exposed might be showing signs of corrosion like rust, flaking, or stains on the pipes. This is a sign that they need to be replaced.
– Low Water Pressure: There are many things that can lead to low water pressure. If you have worked with a plumber to find out what is the cause of your low water pressure and find out that it is sediment and corrosion blocking the pipes, it might mean that the plumbing needs to be replaced.
Residential & Commercial Repipe & Water Line Installation Service & More in Orchard Park, Blasdell, West Seneca, Lackawanna, Cheektowaga, Buffalo NY & Western New York
If you have signs that you need to have your home repiped, you can turn to D’Amorie Construction to take care of it for you. You can trust that will do your repipe service correctly so that you don’t have to think twice about turning on the water in your house. Call us today!